The most important facts of Rhodes before Christ
The island of Rhodes inhabited by people since 10000 before Christ. So, the following are referred to in a summary the most important persons and facts before the birth of Jesus Christ:
- 10th century before Christ: the three cities-countries were created Rhodes, Ialissos, Kamiros and Lindos
- 8th century BC: It founded the Doriki six towns from the Greeks, in which Lindos, Kamiros and Ialissos with Ko, Knido and Alikarnassos are.
- 7th century BC: in Lindos Kleovoulos Rhodios, was born one of the 7 wise persons of the ancient years. In this century it created the first Rhodian colonies in Spain, Asia Minor, Southern Italy and in Mediterranean.
- 408 BC: The Rhodians abolished the three cities-countries, and then after the inducement of Doriea, son of Diagoras founded Damo of Rodion that had about 150000 residences.
- 332 BC: Alexandros the Great placed Macedonian guards in Rhodes and took with him the best Rhodian soldiers Sfendonites.
- 316 BC: In Rhodes a big flood occurred causing damages, catastrophes, floods and drowning
- 305 before Christ: For one year Dimitrios Poliorkitis sieges the city but the Rhodians won.
- 293 BC: The Rhodians built the statue of Kolossos in honor of God’s Son.
- 227 BC: Kolossos fell and was destroyed after an earthquake
- 42 BC: Romans conquered Rhodes after a long beleaguer
- 14 BC: The Roman Empire Tiverios lived in Rhodes who later murdered Christ.